Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Possibilities

My mind is reeling with thoughts of seeds - the ones that turn into edible food! I've perused my seed catalogs while salivating over the possibilities of what will grow in my yard this year. I'm a work in progress - much like everyone else. I often have my moments where I start and stop, start and stop and fail to finish. It's taken me a while to remember where the hell I came from to realize that's exactly where I want to go. We have a lot of overhauling to do here on our little bit of land and I can't wait to shed the blood, sweat, and tears. Blood & sweat are obvious. The tears not so much. Through rekindling my love of the dirt I am honoring my foundation and healing hidden emotions quietly tucked away inside. Emotions tied to a woman who first taught me about dirt - who taught me how to love the land - and finally I am ready to allow her legacy to work through me. Here here to flowering!

No comments:

Post a Comment